For now, here are some of the most interesting links I have found from this week. Lots of Twins and baseball related news out there to follow even if it is the offseason.
- Kyle Gibson was on the SethSpeaks.net Minnesota Twins Podcast on Tuesday night to discuss his recent surgery and a timeline for his return.
- Seth also looked at some of the 40-man roster decisions facing the Twins in the offseason.
- One of the Twins top prospects, Eddie Rosario, might be switching to middle infield.
- John Bonnes previewed the TwinsCentric Offseason GM Handbook by grading the bullpen.
- Speaking of the Offseason GM Handbook, you can pre-order your copy here for only $5.99
- The folks over at Very Well Then put together a very interesting piece called, Rewriting the Twins "Source Code"
- Seedlings to Stars ranks Liam Hendriks as the 80th best prospect in all of baseball.
- Have you ever wondered how much Michael Cuddyer is worth? The Tenth Inning Stretch tries to find a value.
- It always intrigues me when a player will get a World Series ring no matter which team wins.
- This photo of Tony La Russa from Game 1 of the World Series speaks for itself:
- The New York Time wrote an article about the History of the World Series Program. There is even some connections to the Twins.
- An article featuring everything you ever wanted to know about catchers blocking balls in the dirt.
- Parker Hageman tried to find some hope in a hopeless season from Nishioka.
- The trade between Boston and Chicago for Theo Epstein has been entertaining to follow. Especially since Boston wanted Matt Garza at one point.
- Dinkelman and Dumatrait were outrighted to Rochester in the Twins newest moves to clear space on the 40-man roster.
- If the Astros move to the American League, there will be Interleague play everyday of the season.
- Ron Washington doesn't think Nick Punto is Stan Musial... but he treated him like it in Game 1.
- Bill Smith was on 1500 ESPN earlier this week. Here's a recap of what he said.
- Prep baseball players put in a lot of work to get themselves in position for the MLB Draft.
My posts from the week:
- Monday: Punto should be left off of the Twins' wish list
- BBA selects Kimbrel, Valverde for Goose Gossage Award
- Tuesday: Ellsbury, Bautista will fight for American League MVP
- What's wrong with this Plouffe picture?
- Wednesday: Cardinals, Rangers competing with '87 Twins for worst rotation
- Thursday: NL MVP comes down to Kemp versus Braun
Finally a couple of videos from two of the biggest prospects in the AFL from the Twins organization: