Lucky for all of us, the free agent hot stove has heated up a little and there have been plenty of other happenings in the world of baseball. Below you will find a collection of links I have perused from the last week. I hope you enjoy them and have a wonderful weekend.
- Bert Blyleven finally got a Twitter account! He has said some interesting things so make sure you check him out and follow him accordingly.
- Seth Stohs wondered if the Twins should bring back Matt Capps.
- A Twins fan by the name of Dan Wade put together a great piece over at Sports Illustrated about PEDs and their impact on the game.
- The folks over at Knuckleballs blog wonder if the new CBA is going to be bad for the Twins.
- The Nationals might still be interested in Denard Span so it will be interesting to see how that situation plays out.
- The people over at Puckett's Pond want fans to get involved and push for Tony Oliva to get elected to the Hall of Fame.
|Tony O, Killer, and Thome|
- There is a bakers dozen worth of teams interested in Mark Buehrle and the Twins are on the list.
- Former Twin Sidney Ponson is getting a look by the A's and he hasn't pitched since 2009.
- Thankfully Wilson Ramos was found last weekend and he even played this week.
- The rules for who can qualify for the Rookie of the Year Awards are tough to figure out.
- The agent for Matt Capps thinks he is still going to be a closer next season.
- For the first time in quite awhile, I wasn't on the SethSpeaks.net Twins Podcast (but it was still a great show).
- David Schoenfield discusses the impacts of the new CBA on amateurs who enter the draft.
- Jamey Carroll joined the Twins this week and Parker Hageman did a great job breaking down what he can provide the team.
- MLB did some realignment this week and folks at The Bat Shatters think, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- 40 man roster decisions will probably happen on Friday and here is an in-depth look at some of the Twins decisions.
- Some of the MLB Awards were handed out this week. Here are my ballots for Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, and Cy Young.
My posts from the week:
- Monday: Hot Stove Report: Carroll, Plouffe, Cuddyer
- Chesney, McGraw to perform at Target Field
- Tuesday: Capps could be cheap relief option
- Wednesday: Back-up catcher role comes to the forefront
- Thursday: Could Valencia lose third base?
Video of the Week:
Last week's Links-N-Thinks post had a very somber feel with the kidnapping of Wilson Ramos being at the center of everyone's attention. Here is a video of his first interview after being rescued.