In anticipation of the great coverage of the Winter Meetings next week, here are links to some of the stories I enjoyed reading this week.
- Jim Crikket from Knuckleballs Blog wrote a creative interview in which he thinks the M&M Boys need to step up or shut up.
- The tenth inning stretch put together a Winter Meetings Primer with some good info. Look for a similar piece from myself at the beginning of next week.
- Seth Stohs wrote about the Twins bullpen situation and wondered if Brad Lidge will be in the mix.
- Stohs also did his last podcast at his current site at Blog Talk Radio. But have no fear, he is just switching over to the premium portion of podcasting with Jack Steal to bring better coverage to Twins fans.
- In an interview on 1500 ESPN, Ron Gardenhire said a bunch of interesting things. One of his comments was the Twins are making a "mad effort" to sign Michael Cuddyer.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN's SweetSpot Blog wrote about the three fixes that need to be made to each AL Central team. The Twins list needs to be longer...
- Want to know how the Twins line-up would break down with the current players on the roster? Here is how the Baseball Outsider penciled everything in.
- According to Parker Hageman, Brian Duensing was made for the bullpen and I tend to agree with him.
- Have you ever wondered who is the greatest Twins player of all-time? The answer in this post might surprise you.
- I found this new Joe Mauer shirt to be amusing since this is about how much we saw Mauer on the field last year.
- Last Saturday marked the 51st anniversary of the Twins getting their name. Classic Minnesota Twins wrote about the historical day.
- Twins Trivia looks at why money can't buy the Twins happiness.
- Puckett's Pond gave me nightmares by reminding me of what could have been with a Mauer/Ramos platoon at catcher.
- Next year's MLB Hall of Fame ballot came out and there are a handful of former Twins on the list for the first time. Brade Radke is one of them and The Bat Shatters wrote a remembrance of the right-handed hurler.
My posts from this week:
- Monday: Hot Stove Report: Broxton, Nathan, Cuddyer
- Tuesday: Would the Twins consider Liriano for closer?
- Wednesday: Dissecting the 2012 Twins HOF Ballot
- Thursday: Twins shouldn't pay for a "proven" closer
Video of the Week: The folks at MLB.com's Hot Stove Report break down the Twins search for a closer in this short video clip.