Besides the entire Cuddyer-Willingham saga, there were plenty of other Twins and baseball related stories from the week. Enjoy the following links and take time to relax on your last full weekend before Christmas.
- Let's start this week with a joke. The Red Sox gave $3.5 million over the next two seasons to Nick Punto. I mean that has to be a joke, right?
- A month after being fired as the GM of the Twins, it looks like Bill Smith has taken a new position with the organization.
- Former Detroit Tigers flame-thrower Joel Zumaya threw in front of 50 scouts this week. It sounds like teams will be interested but could he become a Twin?
- Andrew at Twins Fan From Afar wrote a eulogy for Cuddyer but there is always a possibility that Cuddy could come back to life with the Twins.
- This might be my favorite piece from the week as Parker Hageman shows Twins fans why Josh Willingham was built for Target Field.
- Johan Santana continues to run into some issues as he tries to return from an injury plagued season in 2011.
- Yahoo Sports and the folks at Big League Stew put together a top ten list of injury comebacks to watch in 2012. The M&M Boys made the list.
- The wonderful folks at Diamond Centric are having a Holiday Giveaway Week with the help of tkTwinCities. Read the story of their company and enter the contest.
- The Tenth Inning Stretch has put together two non-garden variety top 10 lists so far this week. The first post looked at the top ten batting average leaders and the second looked at the OBP leaders since the franchise started in Washington.
- Beyond the Box Score composed a piece that names the top team of Twins players to spend their entire career with the franchise.
- The Twins sent out an online holiday greeting card to their fans that is actually pretty entertaining but someone has too much time on their hands. Meet Gardy Claus!
- Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish was posted this week but the Twins held back because they expected the price to be way too high.
- According to the new CBA, players are banned from getting tattoos of corporate logos. This means no Nike tattoo for Mr. Mauer.
My Weekly Rundown:
- Monday: How long will Willingham wait?
- Tuesday: Twins clean up 40-man roster
- Wednesday: Willingham would add pop, bring line-up into focus
- Thursday: Is Morris a HOFer? 2012 is last best chance
Video of the Week: The Twins signing of Willingham was on the minds of many Twins fans throughout the last week. I included this video on my post from Wednesday but it shows the potential Willingham has to hit some bombs at Target Field.