There is a chill in the air as the Fall Classic sneaks closer for the elite eight teams that qualified for the MLB Playoffs. Now it is time to find out who will be top dog.
Here are some links to enjoy on this Friday that marks the beginning of the playoffs in 2011.
- Carl Pavano wanted to grow a handle bar mustache and as long as he pitches like Wednesday night, I don't care what's on his face.
- Pavano also propelled the team to their 63rd win with a CG that was capped by a Span double and a Plouffe walk-off hit. Here is the photo evidence:
- The Minnesota Lynx are in the WNBA Finals so there is proof that not every Minnesota team can't win a game.
- Joe West gets to umpire in the postseason and I just don't understand why.
- JJ Hardy found new life this season and along with it came a lot of home runs.
- Stephen Strasburg is really good and you might find out that I am a closet Nationals fan. Darn you Wilson Ramos!
- Cuddyer, Nathan, Kubel, and Capps all might have had their swan song with the Twins on Wednesday.
- On this Tuesday's SethSpeaks.net Minnesota Twins Podcast, Seth was on fire with the Twins topics he covered.
- Adding another Wild Card team would be dumb. Enough said.
- Ozzie Guillen left the White Sox but he didn't stay unemployed for very long.
- Jim Thome played third base for the first time since 1996 this week. It only lasted one pitch but it was still a nice moment for him to end his last home game in the place he started his first game.
- The Twins Centric team is looking for someone to design the cover of their Offseason GM Handbook. The cash and prizes available are out of this world.
- Speaking of Twins Centric, Nick Nelson of Nick's Twins Blog took a look at Parmelee's Powerful Debut.
- My posts from a busy week:
Tuesday: Twins versus White Sox won't be the same
Wednesday: Twins Short-Hops: Tosoni's clutch, Ben's bunting, and avoiding 100
Thursday: Handing out Twins season ending awards
Thursday (night): 2011 MLB Playoff predictions sure to go wrong
- Twins blogger Giles Ferrell posted this video on his blog and I thought it was a fitting conclusion to the Twins season.