The biggest Twins headline of the week was the addition of Joel Zumaya to the bullpen mix for next season. While he has suffered through plenty of injuries in the past, the Twins are hoping a healthier Zumaya can be an impact player out of the 'pen. There were plenty of other baseball related stories from throughout the week so let's break it all down with "Friday Links-N-Thinks."
- The 2012 Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook from Seth Stohs was released earlier this week. If you have not ordered your copy yet, CLICK HERE. This is a great book with a ton of information that every Twins fan will be interested in.
- I joined Stohs on his weekly Twins podcast to discuss the release of his book and other Twins stories.
- With the edition of Zumaya, the Baseball Outsider looks at the implications for the Twins.
- Orlando Cabrera is retiring but he did help the Twins to win one of the greatest games in franchise history.
- I really enjoyed this article put together at the SweetSpot Blog on ESPN. It takes a look at who the top five players were in baseball during different five year stretches.
- Classic Minnesota Twins posted some cool photos of the Met from June of 1963.
- The AL Central race might have got a little tighter with the news that Victor Martinez could miss the entire year. JC at Knuckleballs wrote his thoughts on how this helps the Twins.
- Former Twins players Kevin Slowey and R.A. Dickey reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- MiLB Prospects blog released their top 100 MLB players under 25. Did any Twins make the list?
- Would the Twins be able to add Roy Oswalt to their rotation? The Tenth Inning Stretch has been keeping up with the coverage of the story this week.
- Chili Davis turned 52 this week and Big League Stew honored his career with a post.
- Baseball in Puerto Rico has been declining and the NY Times blames it on prospects from this country being included in the MLB Draft.
- Ron Gardenhire's son, Toby, was a minor leaguer with the Twins but he is now going to coach the University of Wisconsin-Stout baseball team.
- The Target Field grounds crew is going to have a booth set up at TwinsFest. I hope they have turf samples for fans to run their fingers over.
Video of the Week: Joe Benson explains his rookie season and what the journey to the big leagues was like for him.