Are you ready, yet?
Don't adjust your monitor but the Twins just swept a two game series in Detroit. That's not a typo either.
Over the course of the two games, the Tigers were a little error prone with six mistakes and the Twins were able to capitalize for five unearned runs. It has been great to see Trevor Plouffe find some semblance of power with two home runs in recent games. Maybe his new bald head is doing him some good. Justin Morneau and Ben Revere are back with the Twins and each of them has returned to their old ways with Morneau hitting a home run and Revere stealing a base.
The Twins head to Milwaukee for the weekend and their first interleague series of the year. I am on the fence about whether or not interleague play should still be part of baseball but it seems like it is here to stay for the time being. It is always intertaining to watch the American League pitchers attempt to bat. From the sound of it, Jason Marquis could be the Twins diamond in the rough when it comes to pitchers at the plate.
Enjoy this collection of links from the week and have a super weekend!
- There have been plenty of things to be annoyed with this season so read this post about the factors for frustration with the Twins.
- Joe Mauer seems to be spending a lot of time at first base and it could be possible that he is breaking down.
- Puckett's Pond takes a look at what type of player the Twins should draft with the number two pick.
- An interesting question was raised, "Are we ever biased towards umpire bias?"
- It has been tough to watch Jason Marquis on the mound this year and it can leave that sinking feeling in your stomach.
- It defiantly isn't time to pull the plug yet.
- One of the best stories to come out this week was about Anthony Swarzak and his search for Sasquatch.
- This collection of old time baseball pictures is hilarious to see.
- With open seats at Target Field, I have snuck down to a better location more than once. Looks like that could be a bad idea at other ballparks.
- One of the most entertaining baseball people on Twitter, Ozzie Guillen, is calling it quits from the social media world.
- Only four closers have yet to blow a save this year and one of them happens to be the ninth inning man for the Twins.
- The Baseball Outsider was at two games in Beloit this week and he gives full reports on what he saw from two of the top prospects in the system.
- Another Beloit player, AJ Pettersen, got some press on the FSN North site.
- On of the top pitching prospects in the organization, Alex Wimmers, is trying to avoid surgery on his elbow by rehabbing it. This sounds like a familiar story for Twins pitchers.
- The 2013 All-Star Game location was finally announced this week and this means the next announcement could be that the Twins get 2014.
- A mysterious letter leaked out from Dave St. Peter's office this week. Read it for a good laugh.
- If you don't check out Minor League Ball, you should! Here's a post about Brian Dozier from earlier this week.
- Bert Blyleven was not happy about the way one of his former teammates was fired by the Angels this week.
- Jack Morris celebrated a birthday this week (along with Justin Morneau and Brian Dozier).
- Monday: Concerns with Pavano's velocity continue to mount
- Tuesday: Tuesday Morning Tidbits
- Tuesday's Trip through the Minors
- Wednesday: Should the Twins have started with this roster?
- Thursday: Soon one year has passed...