It was a slow week here at NoDak Twins Fan because I was in the midst of moving to a new apartment in Fargo and I had no access to internet for the last seven or so days. I had to get creative with how I connected to social media and I turned to my smart phone a lot to stay updated on the latest happenings. The internet got hooked up at my new place yesterday morning so it felt great to be able to type out a post for Friday morning after a short hiatus. I will be back next week with a full slate of Twins coverage including my regular Tuesday night minor league update and plenty of other news from across the organization.
For now, get ready for a great weekend but make sure to check out the links that I provided below with some of my favorite stories from the last week. As always, there will be a few surprises along the way. Enjoy!
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka had a series to forget against Cleveland but the Twins are sticking with him at least until Trevor Plouffe is healthy.
- It is good to see Max Kepler putting it all together in the last month for the E-Twins.
- As the Twins saw this week, the Indians are a mess but they still ended their 11-game losing streak with a victory versus Minnesota.
- Former Twins slugger Jim Thome is going to miss another month of play and he might not play again in 2012.
- The outfield for the Twins could be fun to watch in 2014.
- While the future outfield looks bright, the current outfield has been very good for the Twins.
- There are plenty of former Twins players that you may have lost track of in recent years.
- Alex Wimmers will be following the same recovery template that Kyle Gibson did with the Twins.
- In what seems like a surprise move, the Twins top two picks from this year have already moved up a level in the minor leagues.
- After missing most of the last two seasons, Morneau seems like he can finally hit offspeed offerings again.
- Frank Viola pitched in a Game 7 of the World Series and that was nothing compared to watching his daughter compete in the Olympics.
- If the Twins are willing to trade Morneau in the coming offseason, there are other options for the Twins to fill his spot.
- Jose Mijares was let go by the Twins in the offseason and now it seems that hardly anyone wanted the lefty when he was put on waivers. I enjoyed this explanation that he might just have bad b.o.
- Have you ever wondered what MLB does to warn a pitcher if he takes too long between pitches?
- Eric Thames literally made sparks in a game earlier this week.
- There are 18 creepy hats on sale at MLB.com and Twins mascot TC is part of one of them.
- It took 29-year old Jim Henderson 10 years to make it to the big leagues and he is already the closer for the Brewers.
- Clint Eastwood has a new movie coming out and it looks like it is an anti-Moneyball movie with a whole bunch of story lines.
- On Wednesday, it was the anniversary of the White Sox wearing their horrible jerseys with shorts. They should have brought them out of retirement for the day.
- I wish I could make finds like this at the thrift store.
- Mike Trout is not only the best player in the American League, he also celebrated his 21st-birthday by hitting the ball out of the park.
- It's dangerous to have your parents be White Sox fans.
- The Houston Astrodome continues to stand even though it can't be used any more.
- Buster Posey is the first MLB player to have his own iPhone game.
- I love listening to Vin Scully and his translation of Jim Tracy's on-field meltdown was classic.
My Weekly Rundown
Video of the Week: As already mentioned, Nishioka is back in the big leagues. That leads to some wonderful defensive plays like this. Even as a Twins fan, it is funny to see how awful he has been on the defensive side of the ball but any player can lose a ball in the sun... right...