There are three teams in the National League with a worse record than the Twins. That means that the Twins would have the fourth pick in the draft if the season ended today. The Padres and the Royals are close to having the same record as the Twins so each loss can be considered a good thing at this point. A better draft pick can go a long way to improving the franchise over some meaningless wins in the middle of August.
The draft is still a long way off and the weekend is almost upon us so sit back and buckle-up for another edition of "Friday Links-N-Thinks."
- Since he was a first round pick, Chris Parmelee has gone through different stages in his development.
- Liam Hendriks did an entertaining interview with John Sickels at Minor League Ball.
- It only took a little change to get Ben Revere to hit at a high level in the major leagues.
- It has been a disastrous rookie campaign for Brian Dozier.
- Pedro Florimon is getting called up to the Twins but who is this player that will replace Dozier?
- If the Yankees were looking to deal Phil Hughes, the Twins should listen.
- With the minor league seasons getting closer to ending, it's fun to look back at top prospect list from the offseason and see how players have done in 2012.
- It's only a couple weeks away from September call-ups and the Twins will have some decisions to make.
- Bryce Harper has been one of the most hyped prospects in the history of baseball. So would you trade the memories of the 2010 season for a chance to get him?
- The Twins spring training future might be in doubt because of the recent election in Florida.
- A new radio home for the Twins was announced this week.
- MLB put this picture up on their Facebook page wanting to know how people would caption this humorous photo.
- Every no hitter leaves a team on the bench wondering how they couldn't find a way to get a hit. Here's a look at the most recent victim of a no-hitter for each franchise.
- Former Twins slugger Jim Thome was recently recovering on the DL but he got a close up view of top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy and he liked what he saw.
- In other Orioles news, they have a creative way for figuring out what the order will be for their fantasy football draft.
- The recently released USPS stamp featuring Joe DiMaggio is a little confusing when you look at it.
- It has been a rough ride for Johan Santana since he threw his no-hitter in June.
- Twins fans might get spoiled seeing Miguel Cabrera in 18 games a year but it turns out that he is really good at hitting a baseball.
- So much for all of the big moves at the trade deadline...
- Adam Dunn might strikeout a ton but it can go a long way when he makes contact.
- How can AJ Pierzynski score from first on an infield hit? I'm glad you asked!
- Monday: Arcia, Hicks might have earned a look
- Tuesday: Piecing together the '13 starting rotation
- Tuesday's Trip through the Minors
- Thursday: What's the next step for Brian Dozier?
Video of the Week: This play between Torii Hunter and umpire Greg Gibson could have turned out a lot worse. Some of the photo's are a little graphic when the cleat is right in his face and there was clearly going to be some kind of cuts on his face. It was a strange play to see develop but the umpire was down trying to make the right call.