Texas is in town for the weekend and it sounds like the weather is actually going to start feeling like spring. Highs will continue to rise and hopefully the Twins can continue to play baseball around the .500 mark.
The weekend is almost here so make sure to check out some of the top stories from the last week. Enjoy!
- Maybe Ron Gardenhire isn't a lame duck after all.
- Forbes came out with their list of the most valuable players in baseball. Joe Mauer ranks fourth and the men ahead of him are all on the disabled list.
- Mauer is in his prime and it might be in the team's best interest to accelerate the rebuild timeline.
- Twins fans will agree that there is a lot wrong with Mike Pelfrey.
- With other pitcher's struggles, Kyle Gibson could be closer to making his debut.
- The history of switch hitters with the Twins is interesting to see.
- MLB's All-Star Game ballot came out this week. Brian Dozier was left off the ballot in favor of Jamey Carroll.
- Do you want to hear 20 minutes of a Twins versus White Sox game called by Harry Caray? I thought you might.
- Minnesota has entered the "Moneyball" era behind a mystery man.
- The early returns on Kevin Correia look good.
- Oswaldo Arcia might be good at break dancing.
- Here's another post about Jack Morris and pitching to the score.
- The campaign has started if you want to "Vote for Delmon"
- Ben Revere has a chance to climb this list by the end of the season.
- Target Field is going to have quite the day of baseball when they show "The Sandlot" on the big screen following a game with the Red Sox.
- Troy Tulowitzki had a mullet as a child and it was fantastic.
- This Bazooka Joe book looks pretty cool especially for baseball fans that remember gum in their trading cards.
- It's not very often that a fan is given an opportunity to approach a player that did something against his favorite team when he was a child.
- Hawk Harrelson was in a sabermetrics debate with Brian Kenny. As you can imagine, there were some good moments.
- One of the coolest things of the entire week, all of Yu Darvish's pitches at one time.
My Weekly Rundown
- Monday: Talk to Contact: Episode 34
- Tuesday: Two strike counts and Joe Mauer
- Tuesday's Minor League Tidbits
- Thursday: Is Kevin Correia's performance just smoke and mirrors?
Video of the Week: Oswaldo Arcia had a whirlwind week last week by making his MLB debut, being sent down for one game, and then getting called back up. He has played a much bigger role in recent games by being a steady fixture in the line-up. There have been some struggles along the way but he hit his first home run earlier this week. Hopefully, it is the first of many in a Twins uniform.