Minnesota does have two of the best team's in all of the minor leagues. This can make it fun to dream about the future. Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton could turn into monster MLB players. The Twins will also have a chance to add another very good player when they have the fourth pick in the upcoming MLB Draft.
It was a busy week here at NoDak Twins Fan. Make sure to check out all of my posts and some of the other great work from around the web.
- Oswaldo Arcia hasn't been playing and some recent struggles are to blame for his benching.
- Maybe it is just a case of adjustment period for Arcia.
- I've liked Travis Harrison since the Twins took him in the draft. This Q&A will help you to get to know him a little better.
- Much like the MLB club, the Twins Double-A affiliate has fallen on some hard times. This link is worth a click just to see the picture.
- World Baseball Classic hero Sam Deduno is back in the rotation for the Twins. There will be walks, a few strikeouts, and hopefully some good defense behind him.
- The Twins have been telling the media that Kyle Gibson is staying in the minor leagues to find consistency but is the same standard being held for other pitchers.
- Is there a possibility that Aaron Hicks is improving?
- This Twins fan is keeping a close eye on his alcohol intake. Is it one of the best uses of a stadium promo ever?
- What happened to Vance Worley?
- According to Baseball America, the Twins have the top prospect tandem.
- The Twins Memorial Day jersey's look pretty cool.
- The Twitter feeds for the Twins and the Braves had quite the battle this week.
- Chris Colabello might be baseball's ultimate underdog.
- In 1997, the Twins drafted some very familiar names.
- If you were wondering, the Twins rotation has gotten worse.
- I was watching Seinfeld earlier this week and the kid behind the counter at the movie store was wearing a familiar baseball cap.
- MLB.com has quite the sense of humor when it comes to their error pages.
- The University of Cincinnati's baseball team has taken photobombing to an entirely new level.
- An employee at a Houston Astros game did something really gross this week.
- A rookie catcher for the Braves made a big mistake in a game against the Twins.
- Nick Punto is still making web gem gold in LA.
- A former member of the Twins organization is trying to revive his career after some drug problems.
- Nick Blackburn was very close to the devastating tornado in Oklahoma this week.
- The Royals broadcast sure screwed up a graphic this week. See if you can find all of the errors.
- The Orioles welcomed Kevin Gausman to the majors with lots of donuts.
- What if baseball had five bases?
- I had a dream this week that Francisco Liriano was 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA. Oh wait...
My Weekly Rundown
- Monday: Talk to Contact: Episode 38
- Who is Caleb Thielbar?
- Tuesday: Soul Patrol: Back with a Vengeance
- Wednesday: Who is Chris Colabello?
- Twins Minor League Report (5/22): O-fer Kind of Night
- Thursday: Twins MLB Draft Profile: Clint Frazier, OF
Video of the Week: Byron Buxton is already getting local sports media attention and he's still multiple levels away from the big leagues. His tremendous start in Cedar Rapids makes it look like the Twins made the right decision with the second overall pick in last year's draft. His interview skills might need a little improvement but his play on the baseball field is superior to the competition.