The trip back to Target Field turned out to be just as good for the Twins. Minnesota won both games on their home turf. It was also nice to see the team pound out a bunch of home runs against former Twins pitcher Kyle Lohse.
In another Twins training room nightmare, Trevor Plouffe was activated from the 7-day concussion disabled list on Wednesday. That same night, he hurt his calf in warm-ups and ended up back on the DL. The injury situation for the Twins is always an adventure.
Before you head out of the office for the weekend, check out the latest edition of "Friday Links-N-Thinks." You'll laugh. You'll cry. It's the best of times. It's the worst of times.
- Before the draft is a great time to look at what the Twins already have in the farm system.
- Alex Meyer is missing high and that's not a good thing.
- Advanced stats are part of the game and it was interesting to hear how Cory Provus uses them in the Twins radio booth.
- There have been some struggles for Chris Parmelee and his time might be running out.
- A possible future member of the Twins rotation is serving as the Kernels stopper this year.
- With the draft approaching, it's always fun to look back on previous years. Here is a look back at the 2006 draft.
- This is one of the most important posts about Target Field EVER written.
- So far this year, there have been plenty of underachievers in the Twins line-up.
- It has been quite an interesting year for the Twins starting rotation and it could get even more intriguing as the year goes on.
- Did the Twins already lose the Worley-Revere trade?
- Bryon Buxton jumped all the way to the number two prospect in baseball for ESPN.com
- These two relief arms look to be headed to Target Field at some point.
- Greg Gagne went through a lot in his baseball career.
- Chris Colabello had a rookie mistake when he wore the wrong uniform in Milwaukee.
- Jason Giambi isn't fast so his attempt to steal third base was pretty funny.
- Minnesota's Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year was named and he is from the school I worked at the last couple of years.
- "Casey at the Bat" was published 125 years ago this week.
- Brewers Manager Ron Roenicke has an interesting connection to one Twins player.
- You know you missed this beautiful swing in the Twins line-up this season.
- Skunk on the Field!!!
- Here's the last time each team drafted an All-Star. If you thought the Joe Mauer was the Twins name on the list, you would be wrong.
- There is a shortage of redheads in baseball.
- The Pirates have a new addition to their clubhouse. It's time for the Twins bullpen to have a cool nickname.
- Trevor Bauer gave the Cleveland Indians a terrible anthem for their season.
- One of the best sports physicians in the world, Dr. Lewis Yocum, passed away earlier this week. He was the man that performed Francisco Liriano's Tommy John surgery.
My Weekly Rundown
- Saturday: Talk to Contact: Episode 39
- Sunday: Twins Minor League Report (5/26): Arcia Hurt
- Tuesday: The Many Sides of Carlos Gomez
- Twins MLB Draft Profile: Brandon Shipley, RHP
- Wednesday: Twins Minor League Report (5/29): Rochester Comebacks
Video of the Week: I love old baseball things so this video of Walter Johnson's throwing motion was something I had to share. Ty Cobb once said that Johnson's fastball "hissed with danger." It might be tough to tell if the ball is hissing in this video but is still cool to see him on the mound. These are some must watch clips for every type of baseball fan.